WELCOME TO THE KIWANIS YOUTH CAMP 2017 IN MALBUN
Only a month until the youth camp opens its doors in Malbun for you. Therefore it is time for us to inform you and to give you some orientation, as your application is complete and has been accepted by KI-EF.
What you are looking into …
Meet people from all over Europe, experience other cultures, build friendships and learn what it means to be a real leader. Moreover, workshops, excursions, shopping visits, a charity activity, swimming, a farewell party (Gala night) and lots of fun are on the agenda. However, please remember: The Youth Camp is drug, alcohol and smoking free !!!
Aged between 16 and 23 you are able to speak at least Basic English (language in the Camp)! Ideally, you are also interested in getting to know youngsters from all over Europe.
Your fee for the camp amounts to 200 Euro. Your nation’s District will invoice the participation fee. Thanks to KI-EF, the rest of the event is being subsidised. The travel costs, however, should be covered by your correspondent Districts.
Valid passport, national flag, international health insurance, personal medication (if used), ingredients for your nation’s presentation (song, dance, typical food, photos, PowerPoint, video) and pocket money for personal expenses (Swiss Francs!!)
Program July 31st – August 6th, 2017
Program 2017 (tentative) During the 7 days, you will be looking into a thrilling mix of …
- Monday: Arrival (lunch time!), Check-in location, Icebreaker, Sports & Games, Opening Session, Nations’ presentation
- Tuesday: Morning Stretch, Photo Shooting, Workshops, Welcome Address, Sightseeing and Shopping, Nations’ presentation
- Wednesday: Morning Stretch, Workshops, Sports & Games, course in self-defence
- Thursday: Morning Stretch, Sightseeing and Culture Day with leisure time, BBQ, Nations’ presentation
- Friday: Morning Stretch, Workshops, Charity Project, preparing Gala Night, Sports & Games,
- Saturday: Morning Stretch, Workshops, Sports & Games, Gala Night (certification)
- Sunday: Closing the Camp, Departure (after breakfast)
What needs to be in your luggage?
Sleeping bag and sheet, towels, articles for personal hygiene, sun protection, mosquito protection, adequate clothing (in- and outdoor activities, sneakers/ trainers, soft-shell jacket, swimsuit, proper clothes for Gala Night). Beware: You’re in the mountains!
What you need to tell the organisation team:
We will need your arrival time at the train station Buchs (SG) in order to arrange a shuttle service to Malbun (LI).
Camp Leader: Ilonka-Chr. Löhmer, President 2016/17 KC Appenzell, CH
Camp Assistant: Ralf-Otto Gogolinski, Governor 2016/17 District DE Elmas Coskun, KC Ankara, TUR
Trainers: Ralf-Otto Gogolinski, Governor 2016/17 Germany
Dr. Andreas Löhmer, University of St. Gallen
KI-Clubs involved KC Liechtenstein, CH-Div.21
Stay tuned via the special Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KiwanisYouthCamp/
Expected arrival time in the camp in Malbun should be between 12 pm – 4 pm.
- By plane
The best located airport is Zurich. After you have picked up your luggage, leave the arrival zone (level 0) and follow the marked signs for the railway.The railway station is in the Airport Centre (level -1 (01)). You will find a Kiwanis welcome desk, close to the SBB (Schweizerische BundesBahn) ticket corner (75), marked with Kiwanis (have a look for the Kiwanis sign). You will get the instruction and your train ticket there from a Kiwanian. Have a look at the map of the Airport Centre, attachment “Airport-Center.pdf“
- By train
Final train station is Buchs (St. Gallen).A Kiwanian (have a look for the Kiwanis sign) will collect you there and take you to the shuttle/transfer and then to the camp location.
- By car
Be aware that some highways in Austria and Switzerland are requiring tolls!
- From St. Gallen via highway A13 (ca. 45 minutes)
- From Zürich via highway A3 to Sargans, afterwards highway A13 (ca. 1 hour)
- From the highway A13 you have to take Exit 9 – Sevelen, follow up Meierhofstrasse, Landstrasse, Bergstrasse, Studa und Steg bis Malbun.
- From Munich via highway A96, in Austria highway A14 (ca. 3 hours)
- From Innsbruck via highway A12, S16 afterwards highway A14 (ca. 2.5 hours)When you have passed the tunnel the “Jugendhaus Malbun” is on the right hand side.
For travel costs to Zürich the participants or the Kiwanis Nation they come from will be held responsible. Participants arriving by plane in Zürich are being paid for the train ticket (Zürich-Buchs & Buchs-Zürich) from Kiwanis Switzerland. Transfer from Buchs to Malbun will be paid by Kiwanis.
Contact – Organisation Team
Ilonka-Chr. LÖHMER District CH-LI, SLP Resort Youth Camps
email@example.com / +41.79.569.69.13
Martin SCHÄDLER District CH-LI,
President 2016/17, KC Liechtenstein