Still some places available!
For quick replyers we still have a couple of places available at this camp until Saturday June 25th as ultimate deadline. Please inform directly dor this Camp leader Ilonka LÖHMER at firstname.lastname@example.org and join the requested camp rules agreement and criminal background check to your registration formular.
Mid of February we launched by mail and online the info to register for the two planned youth camps this summer. After a period of information we received registrations from different regions. This registration flew stopped and turned to cancellings after the Brussels events on March 22nd.
Considering the effective number of registrations the Committee on SLP has decided to cancel the camp in Belgium Luxembourg, so we feel quite sorry to limit this years activities to one camp in Frankfurt (Oder) in Germany. Good news is that on the other hand the plan has been set up to hold one camp in 2017 in Belgium Luxembourg (De Panne) in the week from 17 to 22 July 2017. All registered persons will be contacted in the upcoming week to manage further their registration
For the SLP Committee
KI-EF Immediate Past President and Acting Chairman SLP
As already mentioned before, the committee for SLP (Service Leadership Program) of KI-EF will organize two camps for youth in 2016.
From 18ht to 24th July in Germany
and from 1st to 6th August in Belgium. You are between 16 and 23 years old and speak English? Then you can meet new people from all over Europe gather experiences about other cultures and learn to be a leader. A fantastic program in both camps.
The first one takes place in the german region of Frankfurt (Oder) from 18th to 23rd July. The local Kiwanis club has planned a lot of activities. A „happy“ view on Frankfurt (Oder) can be seen at YouTube.
The second one is planned in De Panne, Belgium from 1st to 6th of August at the utmost western point of the Belgium North Sea Coast, and fully in West Flanders, in the region where Bruges and Ypres form a base of cultural, historic and touristic affairs. Please view the movie from 1960 to see the authenticity of the West Coast region. The film is old, but only the cars and the women’s dresses have changed…..
The basic conditions for participation are:
- Age between 16 and 20 years by preference, maximum 23 years, on date of 1.7.2016
- Not having participated already 2 times at a camp
- Having practical knowledge of the English language
- Having a clear criminal background check for all participants older than 18 on date of 1.7.2016
- Accepting the youth camp rules
- Sending the registration form by at least March 25th to email@example.com
- Paying the participation fee of 200 €/participant. An invoice will be sent to the District after closing of the registration together with the final destination of the participants. The transportation cost to the country of the camp is not included in the participation fee and is on charge of the participant. Transportation can only be managed after having received the KI-EF confirmation.
- Nations applying for a participation of more than one group of 5+1 shall only be accepted if all other nations have confirmed their participation, under condition the limit of 120 pax is not reached
If you are interested in participating in a Summer Camp 2016, then apply quickly. Application forms are available. Please read firstly the Youth Camp rules and join the signed document to your registration by contacting Martin Poesen (firstname.lastname@example.org) before March 31st 2016.