Six of our ten full and provisional districts are currently working for the European Kiwanis Happy Child project.
Extraordinary effort is surely the Italy San Marino District who with Unicef, has raised 45.000 €, making them the champions of Europe! Congratulations to the Italy-San Marino District. You can read their realized projects here
At the Gala of the 51st KI-EF Convention in Baveno, Italy, President Piero Grasso welcomed a special guest in the person of Marily SANTORO, an upcoming star in the Italian Opera World.
Time to know more about this extraordinary nightingale of Italian Art World.
Marily is a former Kiwanis Junior in her native city Reggio Calabria, she held different club functions to become later on Club President. As she moved for study and professional reasons to Rome she was at the base of the club building of the Young Professional movement, where again she would have been the President, If there had not been her choice for singing career, and in that way not closing the door behind her, but staying permanently in contact with Italian Kiwanians especially with Piero Grasso and Valeria Gringeri, great friends.. In this way she was very pleased to re-meet lots of Kiwanis friends during her stay at the Lago Maggiore.
Marily has always had a heart for music, so no wonder that on recommendation of her Solfeggio teacher she took up the challenge to try the admission to the Opera Singing Academy. After a local school she moved to Rome, where nowadays she continues her long way to the top under lead of her teacher Raina Kabaivanska. Since that no big opera nor big theater is unknown to her with roles like Violetta in La Traviata (Verdi) in the Carlo Goldoni Theatre in Livorno, or Norma (Bellini) and Turandot (Puccini), performed in the Sofia Opera House (see joined picture) . Recently her acts were Il Trovatore (Verdi) in Trieste and Monica in La Medium de Menotti at the Spoletto festival.
Upcoming performances are in Sao Paulo (Brazil) as Juliette, in Gounod’s Romeo and Juliet and her collaboration to a concert in honor of Luciano Pavarotti in Modena and more of this extraordinary acts, on which we probably later can come back in this social corner.
As you see our President did not bring someone out of the blue but a real diva from the Italian Opera. Thank you President and good luck Marily.
Ad should you have free time, think about…. Kiwanis and the help for children !
The Valentine Camps are organized for kids treated in the pediatric hematology and oncology department of the Belgian Saint-Luc University Clinic. They offer sick children stays in the mountains during the winter and summer.
The idea of the camps was created 30 years ago by Father Devos, who’s kid Valentine was suffering and had quite good results with high mountain stages. Immediately Kiwanisclubs from all regions stepped on the train, mostly under impulse of our at that time Foundation Trustee Wahib Aladin (CH).
On today the Kiwanis input is ongoing, in collaboration with Lions and Rotarians the Belgian Kiwanis club of La Louviere La Louve organizes for the 13th time a fundraising bike trip named “Route des Camps Vanlentine”. In collaboration with Kiwanis clubs from Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Switzerland they are currently biking in a 7 stages tour towards Saas Grund, where they will be received by the nearly 30 kids that are currently there in the camp.
Sponsoring is given at a rate of 0,25€ of 0,50FS/kilometre for a trip of about 1000 kilometres.
The text here under is copied from the minutes of th General Assembly of the 51St KI*EF Convention in Baveno.
It relates to the speech of Manfred PUCHNER, KI-EF Bylaws advisor
According to the GDPR the “data subject” (=member of a club) has a fundamental right to the protection of his personal data.
In order to ensure this fundamental right, the GDPR requires that the data subject (=member) has actively provided his or her consent, when data is stored.
1. Data controller: The organization, that stores the data is referred to or known as the “Data controller” in the GDPR. The data controller must have received the required declaration of consent, when storing data. If the data controller shares the data with a third party, which then processes this data, the data subject must first be informed in the active consent form that his or her data will be shared with a third party. The data subject must be in agreement.
2. Data processor: If the data subject agrees that the data is to be disclosed, the data controller must conclude a written “order processing agreement” with the third party (referred to in the GDPR as Processor”).
3. Order processing agreement: The order agreement shall specify exactly which data and the reasons for which the processor
may store them and the duration thereof and further thathe guarantees the technical safety
and confidentiality of such stored data. In our case, this means that each club, represented by the president or his/her database manager with the district, represented by the governor or its database manager must conclude such an order processing agreement in writing.
However, before this type of order processing agreement is reached, the database manager has to enter the data in a data processing directory! On the basis of the data subject`s consent (member).
4. Data processing directory: This date processing directory will list – the data of the data controller (or his representative) – the purposes of the data processing – the details, such as the categories of the data subjects, i.e. club members, the legal basis, that refers specifically to membership in this case or if the club has already amended the statutes accordingly to include consent in the club statutes.
The district, which has stored the data subject`s data, wishes to share them with any District
database, the district also has to conclude an order processing agreement with the operator of the District server in the same manner as between the club and the district. Likewise, such an order processing agreement is to be concluded when the district agrees to a data transfer with KIEF.
5. Data transfer to KI: If, however, the data is to be forwarded to Kiwanis International, i.e. to the US, the district or, provided it has been agreed, KIEF has to conclude a special US data transfer agreement with the US based on the standard clauses approved by the EU Commission. This is because the US is considered a non-secure third country in terms of data protection.
If such agreements are not concluded according to the standard clauses laid down by the EU, these agreements shall be deemed avoid.
Through the secretary I have sent some formulars to all the governors of the districts of KI
EF. I kindly ask all governors to send this formulars to their clubs to inform the members so they
can work with the new legislation. It is up to the districts to put the provided texts in conformity
with their local rules and legislations.
The basic documents are the following and be downloaded here
You can read the minutes of the General Assembly of the 51st KI-EF Convention in Baveno on 2018, May 26th here
As with many websites, our Website uses a technology called “cookies.” more information